Thursday, October 29, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is going to focus on my personal journey to find a healthy balance in such a crazy world! I have recently become wonderfully addicted to running and eating healthy food. Before now, I never realized how truly delicious healthy food is. Now, I will admit, I still sneak a few french fries here and there ;)
I look forward to keeping this journal of my food and exercise habits. Honestly, I was inspired to "change my ways" by reading blogs and I hope to do the same for others.
I had always been somewhat aware of the food I was eating and trying to make sure I wasn't eating too much of anything but I didn't know much about the healthfulness of the foods I was eating. I managed to stay thin by restricting calories, but never really exercising (I dabbled with it here and there). Over the past couple of years, I did however begin to gain weight. I am 24 now and I guess my body just isn't working the way it used to :)
I became very obsessed with my weight and striving to lose those 10-15 lbs I had gained. I looked the mirror and saw nothing but those 10-15 lbs that HAD to come off. I began running and reading healthy living blogs. I began to realize that as long as I was being healthy and treating my body well, I was beautiful! Some of my favorite blogs to read are Caitlin's, Jenna's, and Angela's.
I hope that this blog will help keep me on track (accountability!) and maybe even inspire others!
Have a great night..

No comments:

Post a Comment