Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Looong Weekend

Well on Friday, the husband and I drove up to Raleigh..about a 4 hour drive.. just barely going over the speed limit ;) ... and stayed with our friends for the weekend. We had a great time and got back Sunday afternoon. I had a lot of chores to get done and try to rest a little. Unfortunately, we had to sleep on an air mattress... it was not the most restful of weekends.. I think that is why it has taken me so long to get back on here. I was just so exhausted and wanted to crash on the couch since we got back on Sunday.
On a great note though.. the Clemson Tigers beat NC State! We just need to beat Virginia this weekend.. at home too!!.. and we will be going to the ACC championship in Tampa on December 5th! We will be playing Georgia Tech.. my 2nd team! After all, I did grow up in Atlanta! GT beat us earlier in the season so we are looking for revenge!

There are some talks of us going to Tampa to watch the game.. wouldn't that be fun??

Anyways, today was our 1.5 year anniversary so the husband took me to 17 North.. a roadside kitchen here in Charleston. It has the same owner as our favorite restaurant.. Oak Steakhouse. YUM!
I had a grilled ratatouille and the husband had pulled pork. It was quite yummy and I look forward to going back.

The 10K training is going well. I ran 3 miles yesterday in 28 min. and 50 seconds. That's a whole minute faster than last time. I just think I can be doing better. Running is such a mind game and I feel I haven't quite won yet. The race is on Thanksgiving Day.. so not much training time left! Any tips??

I am feeling much more rested today and so happy to be back on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment